Sunday, September 15, 2013

Asplenia Disease Symptoms With Natural Remedies

Asplenia


What is Asplenia?


Asplenia refers to the absence ('a-') of normal spleen function and is associated with some serious infection risks.

Hyposplenism is used to describe reduced ('hypo-') splenic functioning, but not as severely affected as with asplenism.


Signs & Symptoms


Management 

To minimise the risks, antibiotic & vaccination protocols have been established, but are often poorly adhered to by doctors and patients.

Antibiotic prophylaxis

Because of the increased risk of infection, physicians administer oral antibiotics as a prophylaxis after a surgical splenectomy. The duration suggested varies: one suggestion is that antibiotics be taken for two years or until the age of sixteen years old is reached, whichever is longer.

Patients are also cautioned to start a full-dose course of antibiotics at the first onset of an upper or lower respiratory tract infection (for example, sore throat or cough), or at the onset of any fever.

Vaccinations

It is suggested that splenectomized persons receive the following vaccinations, and ideally prior to planned splenectomy surgery:

pneumococcus every 6 years (a conjugated form is used for children under 2 years)

Haemophilus influenzae - whilst in many countries now routinely given to all children, a single booster is advised following the development of asplenia, but for those adults who have not been previously vaccinated, two doses given two months apart were advised in the new 2006 UK vaccination guidelines (in the UK may be given as a combined Hib/MenC vaccine).

meningococcus-'C' conjugate vaccine - again routinely given to children in many countries, previously vaccinated adults require a single booster and non-immunised adults advised, in UK since 2006, to have two doses given two months apart.

annual flu vaccinations - to help prevent getting secondary bacterial infection.

Travel measures

In addition to the normal immunisations advised for the countries to be visited, Group A meningococcus should be included if visiting counties of particular risk (e.g. sub-saharan Africa). The non-conjugated Meningitis A&C vaccines usually used for this purpose give only 3 years coverage and provide less-effective long-term cover for Meningitis C than the conjugated form already mentioned.

Those lacking a functional spleen are at higher risk of catching malaria and dying from this. Travel to malarial areas will carry greater risks and may be best avoided. Travellers should take the most appropriate anti-malarial prophylaxis medication and be extra vigilant over measures to prevent mosquito bites.

The pneumococcal vaccinations may not cover some of the other strains of pneumococcal bacteria present in other countries. Likewise their antibiotic resistance may also vary, requiring a different choice of stand-by antibiotic.

Additional measures

Surgical and Dental procedures - Antibiotic prophylaxis may be required before certain surgical or dental procedures.

Animal bites - adequate antibiotic cover is required after even minor dog or other animal bites. Asplenic patients are particularly susceptible to infection by C. canimorsus and should receive a five day course of co-amoxiclav (erythromycin in patients allergic to penicillin).

Tick bites - Babesiosis is a rare tickborne infection. Patients should check themselves or have themselves inspected for tick bites if they are in an at-risk situation. Presentation with fever, fatigue, and haemolytic anaemia requires diagnostic confirmation by identifying the parasites within red blood cells on blood film and by specific serology. Quinine (with or without clindamycin) is usually an effective treatment.

Alert warning - Consider carrying a card, or wearing a special bracelet or necklet which says that you do not have a working spleen. This would alert a doctor to take rapid action if you are seriously ill and cannot tell them yourself.

Vitamin & Nutrient Associations

All dietary suggestions when you are dealing with a condition like Asplenia need to be reviewed by your supervising doctors before you implement them.

Working in association with your doctors you may find that nutrition supplementation can be beneficial to keeping your overall wellness high.

Natural Remedies to Cleanse the Spleen

Either juice or blend a steamed selection of the vegetables, herbs and spices together to create a potage soup. Similarly blend fruits with herbs, nutmeg and cinnamon to create 'smoothies'. Take at least one ingredient from each category below to consume daily. Make sure you choose all colours of vegetables and fruits to consume per day: red, green, white, yellow/orange, blue/black/purple. Nature has kindly colour coded natural foods for us and each contain different types of phytonutrients so ay least one of each must be consumed.


Herbs and spices can be taken as teas by pouring hot but not boiling water over a handful of leaves or seeds (or a combination of both) and leaving to steep for 30 minutes then straining and sipping slowly. Can be reheated gently and add honey to sweeten if desired. 3 cups of these teas are recommended per day.

Drink plenty of bottled or filtered water to avoid the impurities and chorine and fluoride chemicals added to tap water. Bottled water can add vital minerals to the diet so is a wise choice.


4 comments:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Beatrice Hatton said...

What a Miraculous Recovery!!!
I will always remember you on this day Dr
I was totally convinced before I could finished you medicine prepared for me for my Herpes. By Dr. Odey Abang,
It was actually a sad incident and a painful soles still appearing and was still using the ancylovia ..
All I was concerned was the perfect cure. Went to seerch about natural remedies for Herpes, then, I came across a comment of a lady who posted how she was cured from 7 years diagnosed of herpes and and much others with Dr. Odey Abang.
I thought about it and decided to try for my health. I was willing to pay anything to get cured.
Surprising, my cures came just as soon as I purchased his herbal remedies and sent to me through the DHL.
I was guid by the doctor on how to apply.
I felt so relieved a couple of days I used the medicine and could understand the reaction each time I took in the medicine.
On my last bottle, I was totally convinced, I could see no sole in me and my habitat was good for my taste.
I went to the hospital and my doctor confirmed me herpes negative. It's over a month now still showing negative.
This is my life story and I'm using this to thank all those posting about Dr. Odey Abang for his cures and help for total cures
His medicine are very effective, 100% qurantee with active immune booster.
Contact him directly

Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

for you're cure to
Herpes, HIV/Aids, Diabetes, infertility, irregular mesturatio, Fibroid, etc

Christina N. said...

I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes